Friday, September 28, 2007

Steve and Barry's




Steve and Barry's is a store that has collegiate wear. There is a new one that moved into an old k-mart building and I have passed it so many times. This k-mart building has been empty for years and when new stores try to move into an old location, it is hard for it to be successful, so I was skeptical and didn't want to give it a chance at first, but because it was a new store that I had never heard of, I was curious about it. The sign in front of the store might have been misleading, at least it was for me. It looks like the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus logo. Every time I saw this sign it was confusing to me. I thought of college students at the circus. One day I decided to visit Steve and Barry's. Walking in I was expecting sportswear and college apparel, that's it. There were ads with Sarah Jessica Parker and Amanda Bynes and it surprised me. I saw graphic t's with food labels and names of bands. This store turned out to be nothing like I expected it to be. I came to a separate section that was the new Sarah Jessica Parker line called Bitten. There was a television with a running loop of an interview of SJP about her new line. I thought it was a great marketing tactic to hear straight from her about her line. It made the experience more personal. Next to this section was Amanda Bynes' line, Dear. They used the same stategy with the interview about her new line, too. I loved this new Steve and Barry's and the prices were not too expensive. The clothes were very fashionable and was target to young people. It has mens, womens, juniors, and kids. I will love to shop here again especially now that I know what it is all about.

No comments: