Thursday, August 30, 2007

Starburst Ate My Face; Skittles of Wrath; Skittles Q. Beardo.





These are three ads that I get so annoyed with. They are kind of funny at first but overall they’re just so pointless and I don’t like watching them. In order to have a good ad, you want the viewers to remember it but you have to be careful in how you do that. Like these, for instance, I remember the ads and what they’re about but it turns me off from wanting the product. To have a successful ad, make the viewer remember it and make them satisfied with it. You don’t want them to go away from it being disgusted or shocked.

A good example of having successful ads is Target. I know a Target ad when I see it. The commercials all have the same vibe and effect. They have simple logos that people recognize and remember, like the red target and the black and white bullseye dog. They get the audience to remember their ad by having upbeat music, colors, and attractive scenes. I think Target ads are much more enjoyable to watch than the Skittle’s and Starburst ads.


No comments: