Tuesday, December 4, 2007

BBC and NY Times

I don't know much about BBC or NY Times so I had to look them up online for the first time to do this assignment. I don't read the newspaper and I admit that I am not up to date on my current events. I do, however, notice some news headlines on my Google homepage and MySpace just to get an idea of what's going on in the world but I rarely take extra time to actually read the article under the headline. I have wanted to become more involved in keeping up with the news.

I went to the homepage of BBC and NY Times and notice they have a few similar headlines. I personally think that NY Times is more appealing and aesthetically pleasing. All the news is categorized, as it is on BBC, but it just seems to be a lot more in depth on NY Times. They have top stories, most viewed, recent news, opinions, weather, world news, US news, jobs, radio, movies, home and garden, sports, and fashion and style. They have it so you can read it in other languages, as well. If I read the news I would enjoy these sites because everything you need to know is all right there together. It is very convenient. If I were to keep up with the news this way, I would probably choose NY Times because it seems more familiar to me. I've always heard about it and this makes it seem more reliable. One reason why I don't read or watch the news is because I have don't think you can believe everything you hear, but because I've always heard about NY Times, I feel like I can trust it and that the news offered by it would be legitimate.

No comments: